Summer School 'Experimental Economics: Purposes, Design, Tools'
The school will be held by International Laboratory for Experimental and Behavioural Economics of HSE University Moscow.
Time: July 15-21, 2019
Venue: St. Petersburg, Pushkin, ul. Radishcheva, building 4 (Kochubey-center, https://kc.hse.ru/en/)
The school aims at introducing young faculty and researchers, PhD students and advanced masters and undegraduates in the fields of economics, management, political science, sociology and related disciplines to behavioral and experimental economics as well as to contemporary techniques used in this field of research.
Experimental methods are a relatively new but very important way of understanding behavior and economic incentives of real agents. They began to develop in the last third of the XX century, and are widely used nowadays to address numerous problems and questions, ranging from testing economic theories to the studying values and attitudes of different social groups or the effectiveness of institutions. The organizers of the Summer School have many years of experience in conducting international, cross-national and interregional experimental studies, and are ready to share this knowledge with colleagues from different universities and cities of Russia, CIS and worldwide.
The programme of the Summer School will include :
- Introductory lectures in experimental economics
- Special lectures on experimental methods and applications
- Group work on problem statement and design of own experiment
- Programming and running a pilot project with school participants
- Social programme
- Belianin A. V., PhD, International Laboratory for Experimental and Behavioural Economics and ICEF, HSE University (Moscow, Russia)
- Chapkovsky F. I., PhD, International Laboratory for Experimental and Behavioural Economics, HSE University (Moscow, Russia)
- Hennig-Schmidt, H., PhD, International Laboratory for Experimental and Behavioural Economics, HSE University (Moscow, Russia); Laboratory for Experimental Economics, Bonn University (Germany)
- Guest speakers to be announced
The Summer School will be held in Pushkin (Tsarskoye Selo), near St. Petersburg, 10 minutes drive from Pulkovo airport, at the Kochybey Center.
Participants have their accommodation and meals covered by the school.
We invite applications from young faculty and researchers, PhD students, advanced masters and undergraduates in the fields of economics, management, political science, sociology and related disciplines with an established interest in experimental research in economics and social sciences. No specific restrictions apply. Working languages: Russian (main language of instruction) and English (knowledge at the level of communication and reading professional literature).
By the end of 8 June 2019 (Moscow time), please submit to the school official mail address firstname.lastname@example.org an application pack consisting of the following:
- A copy of your recent academic CV
- Description of your research interests in economics and social sciences (max 100 words)
- Sample writing which best corresponds to the topic of the school (in Russian or English).
- Please specify a research question in your area of interest that you find important and which you think can be fruitfully studied using experimental methodology. Describe briefly the question itself and possible experimental approach to study that question (max 500 words).
- Msc and Bsc students only: please attach a copy of reference letter signed by someone who knows you professionally (professor, research paper supervisor, department head etc.) and can recommend you as someone with interest and abilities in the field of experimental social sciences.
Selection of successful applicants shall be made by the Summer School organizers on the grounds of the quality of the application and academic qualifications. Successful applicants shall be notified by email by June 14, 2019. They are expected to actively participate in all school activities, including work in groups on an original research project. All participants are expected to bring a laptop with working wifi and python 3.
Time of Summer School: July 15 - 21, 2019
Deadline for submissions: June 8, 2019
Information on acceptance: June 14, 2019
Enquiries can be addressed to email@example.com
Summer School on Experimental Economics 2019 (PDF, 101 Kb)
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.