Gari Walkowitz published a paper in Economics Letters on "Employers discriminate against immigrants and criminal offenders — Experimental evidence“.
HIGHLIGHTS of the paper:
• We present a novel laboratory framework to study labour market discrimination.
• Our subject pool includes students, Turkish immigrants, and criminal offenders.
• We focus on employers’ hiring and wage payment decisions.
• Turkish immigrants are discriminated because they are considered less trustworthy.
• Criminal offenders suffer from more severe and taste discrimination.
More information: (doi.org/10.1016/j.econlet.2018.11.003).