BElab invites applications of graduate students
The International Laboratory for Experimental and Behavioural Economics at the National Research University Higher School of Economics (HSE), Moscow, invites applications of graduate students who are interested in conducting research in the area of Behavioral Studies in Russia and want to write their PhD thesis in this research field. Applications are invited from candidates with MSc or equivalent degree in economics or related fields, and interest behavioural/experimental economics, in particular, but not limited to, interregional experimental studies in Russia and International Behavioral Studies between Russia and other countries.
Our main research tools are incentivized laboratory experiments, large-scale interactive online experiments and surveys. Successful candidates will be actively involved in the analysis of existing data and in the development in new projects covering incentivized individual and collective decision making in various contexts, for instance, trust and trustworthiness, altruism, cooperative and antisocial behaviour, honesty, and beliefs. Survey data include demographic and social characteristics, participants’ decision motives, their trust in people and institutions, social and economic preferences, and many more.
Possible topics for PhD theses include, but are not limited to
· Preferences, beliefs and social capital.
· Perceptions of economic environment and individual decisions.
· Gender differences in economic behaviour.
· Causes and impact of regional differences on economic behaviour.
· Social norms and collective decision making.
· Behavioural Ethics.
· Theoretical and empirical investigations based on experimental data.
Future projects will include, for instance, interactive online experiments between Russians and people from other countries, studies on integrity and honesty across Russian regions, panel studies on the stability of preferences, or field experiments.
Successful applicants will be actively involved in contributing new research perspectives to our collaborative projects within the group’s research focus. This includes designing, preparing and conducting experimental research.
· Completed Master’s Degree (with distinction) in Economics or related fields; preferably with a background in experimental economics, behavioral economics, or game theory
· Fluency in spoken and written English
· Experience in data analysis. Advanced statistics including programming skills in R, Stata and Python are welcome.
· Teamwork capabilities, ability to work independently and communication skills
Applicants should send a letter of interest, their detailed CV as well as transcripts of records to firstname.lastname@example.org. Two recommendation letters are to be sent directly and independently to the same address.
Successful applicants are expected to enroll and complete the doctoral program at Higher School of Economics within the period of 2021-2024. Successful candidates will be offered a position at the Laboratory and are expected to apply to positions of Academic PhD students at HSE, with average monthly salary in the range of 50,000 to 80,000 RuR, plus possibly more via grants, research projects etc.
Выделите её, нажмите Ctrl+Enter и отправьте нам уведомление. Спасибо за участие!
Сервис предназначен только для отправки сообщений об орфографических и пунктуационных ошибках.